Saturday, January 16, 2016

Relationship Reflection


Relationship Reflection



Man is by nature a social animal.”  Aristotle.

Humans were created as social beings. Our interaction with others helps to keep us happy and fulfilled in life. I have been blessed to have a close-knit family that I love spending time with. I have been married to my husband Elgin for over 22 years now. I can truly say he is my ‘better half’. Elgin is a caring man who puts the needs of others before his own. He is very thoughtful and takes good care of his family. He has taught me how to be selfless and think of others first. With Elgin, I have learned that life is not always about me and how I feel but it involves considering others as well and as I do this I always feel better about myself regardless of how things turn out.

 


My two girls Nicole and Erin are a wonderful blessing to me. I believe God has allowed them to be a part of my life to keep me humble and in close communion with Him as I try to give guidance and counsel to these beautiful young ladies. Nicole has grown to be quite mature and independent as she succeeds in her career path in the financial industry. Erin still brings the sparkle to my eye with her quick wit and easy laughter as well as her willingness to forgive and move on. Nicole has taught me to speak my mind clearly and succinctly but with love. Erin has taught me not to sweat the small stuff and to believe that things will work out for the better. She is a lover of children and I see a lot of myself in her. My experiences with Erin have increased my ability to love without looking to be loved back which I feel has a positive impact with my service as an early childhood professional.


                                                                       
 
Nicole, Dellarece and Erin

I have a sister who is one of my closest friends. We work together at the same school, attend the same church and live within a fifteen minute drive from each other. Re-c, as she is affectionately called and I have been close from childhood. I am fortunate to have a sister that I can turn to for advice or assistance whenever the need arises, and I am sure she would say the same of me. Re-c has taught me the blessings of family, and the importance of reaching out for help from others when you are unable to help yourself. I have cultivated a beautiful friendship which resulted from my reaching out for assistance when I was in a predicament. If it were not for my relationship with my sister I do not know if I would have this friendship today and my life would definitely not be the same.





             

 
















Me and my sis Re-c

My mom and dad are the foundation on which my life was built. They have sacrificed to provide for my siblings and me and have always given me the opportunity to be the best me in whatever I tried to do. My mom as taught me the value of hard work and taking care of business. She has demonstrated repeatedly the benefit of finishing what was started. My dad is a lover of fishing and the outdoors. He has taught me to ‘stop and smell the roses’ and to never be too busy to enjoy the simple things in life.

       

                                                                                      The Cleare Family            


                                           Dad the fisherman

Some of my significant relationships would include some of my colleagues that I work with and friends I have established from childhood and recent years. In a nutshell, life has taught me to treasure my family and friends as well as the persons I interact with on a regular basis because life is precious and you sometimes never realize how much you need or love someone until they are gone.

Like the words of the song, "If I could help somebody as I pass along, then my living shall not be in vain."



                             





5 comments:

  1. Dellarece,
    I see that you are very close with your immediate family, same here. My mother was an only child, so my immediate family is very small. I cherish them and they have assisted me to be where I am and the woman that I am today. It is a blessing to have people that stand behind you with your best interest at heart, those kind are far and few. I like how you stated how precious life is. I try to incorporate my family, even with such a great distance, into my life as much as possible. You only get on family and so many opportunities to share and cherish memories. Thanks so much for sharing your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your family and how close you are to each other. Having relationships with our families is the foundation of how we will create and maintain relationships with other people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dellarece

    I enjoyed reading your post. All of your relationships seem to be really filled with love and support. I know it has taken effort and time to make your relationships like they are. You seem to have a solid foundation with your husband you mentioned and that is amazing as well as with your children. I like the detail you included with each important person and what they mean to you. Thank you for sharing! I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dellarece,
    WOW! I can tell you have close relationships with your family and friends. What a nice tribute to you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Life is not about us. We have to consider others in order to create positive interactions. Most of the time if we really take ourselves out of the picture and concentrate on the other person, that person has not other choice than to consider us. Thus creating the ultimate relationships. We are designed to be social creatures that why social media is so popular. Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete